Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mini Rustic Apple Tarts


When I first made this recipe, it was for one large tart. It also called for the apples to be sliced, but I found that there was too much juice in the apples which made the tart very soggy.Since I was making these for a playdate I decided to make mini apple tarts and they were a huge hit.

Rustic Apple Tarts

4 large tart green apples, peeled, shredded (squeeze most of the juice from the apples)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, softened
9" one crust pie pastry, unbaked (In the interest of time, I used a Pillsbury crust!)

Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter. Set aside.

Toss together apples, lemon, and granulated sugar.

Roll out pastry and cut into 2 1/2 inch circles.

Place pastry circles into a mini muffin pan. Drop a dollop of the apple mixture in each muffin cup. Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar mixture.

Bake at 400 degrees F until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender, for about 25 minutes. Cool tarts on wire rack 10 minutes, serve warm. 


My sister and I came across this post on Bakerella's site, and we decided to make the apple tarts into apple pie pops. Now I want to try this with other kinds of pie too.

3 comments:

  1. WOW these tarts look soo adorable and yummieee!! I always love apple tarts and this is such a wonderful treat! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apple tars look delicious! And your apples pops came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops sorry i meant tarts*

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...