Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Subway Art

I was so inspired when I saw this piece of Halloween subway art over at Tatertots and Jello, and also this one at A Glimpse Inside that I knew I had to make one of my own.

I went to my building supply store and pick up a shelf, 12 x 60, for just $4.99. They'll cut the wood for free, so I asked them to make two cuts. I ended up with two pieces of wood 12 x 24 and one 12 x 12. I painted a piece black, and then started cutting out some words using my cricut cutter. Now, while I really liked the look of just using orange and white letters, I couldn't restrict myself like that!

Once I had all of the words cut out, I placed them on the board, and rearranged them until I was happy with how they looked. Then I grabbed my Mod Podge and starting sticking the letters down. I took the words off one at a time, painted on a coat of Mod Podge, and placed the letters back down. I slathered on a protective coat of Mod Podge once the project was done- mostly to protect it from my kids!

I'm so happy with how it turned out, and I'm already thinking of the possibilities of one (or two!) to make for Christmas.


 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you had fun making the hungry caterpillars. Your subway art turned out awesome. I can't wait to see more crafts. I'm your newest follower.

    Jill
    http://www.meetthedubiens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks super great! Thanks for sharing a link back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a cricut! This turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...